American roots music / edited by Robert Santelli, Holly George-Warren, Jim Brown ; foreword by Bonnie Raitt
- New York : H.N. Abrams, 2001.
- Physical Description:
- 232 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 32 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Santelli, Robert, George-Warren, Holly, and Brown, Jim, 1950-
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Early country : treasure untold / by Charles Wolfe -- The birth of the blues / by David Evans -- The flowering of the folk revival / by Alan Jabbour -- Hallelujah : the sacred music of Black America / by Claudia Perry -- Cajun and zydeco : the musics of French southwest Louisiana / by Ann Allen Savoy -- Música tejana : the music of Mexican Texas / by Manuel Peña -- Native American music of the twentieth century / by William K. Powers -- Native tongue : contemporary native music / by J. Poet -- Keeping it country : tradition and change, 1940 to the present / by Bill C. Malone -- Mojo working : the blues explosion / by Robert Santelli -- Roots music begats rock & roll / by David McGee.
- 0810914328 and 0810921391 (bk. club pbk.)
- Related Titles:
- American roots music (Television program)
- "A Rolling Stone Press book"--P. . and "A collaboration between the Library of Congress, the National Endowment for the Arts, the Smithsonian Institution, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum, and Experience Music Project and Ginger Group Productions"--P. .
- Source of Acquisition:
- Worthington Scranton copy: Gift in memory of Dr. André Prévos by his family; 2002.
View MARC record | catkey: 2212575