Innocent until nominated : the breakdown of the presidential appointments process / G. Calvin Mackenzie, editor
- Washington, D.C. : Brookings Institution Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 279 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Mackenzie, G. Calvin
- The state of the presidential appointments process / G. Calvin Mackenzie -- Presidential appointments: recruiting executive branch leaders / James P. Pfiffner -- Why not the best? The loyalty-competence trade-off in presidential appointments / George C. Edwards III -- First impressions: presidents, appointments, and the transition / Stephen Hess -- The Senate: an "obstacle course" for executive appointments? / Burdett Loomis -- The Senate as a black hole? Lessons learned from the judicial appointments experience / Sarah A. Binder -- Repetitiveness, redundancy, and reform: rationalizing the inquiry of presidential appointees / Terry Sullivan -- Appointments past and future: how presidential appointees view the call to service / Judith M. Labiner and Paul C. Light -- "Political hacks" versus "bureaucrats": can't public servants get some respect? / E.J. Dionne Jr.
- 0815754019 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Berks copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment Fund; 20020819.
View MARC record | catkey: 2217137