The church in colonial Latin America / John F. Schwaller, editor
- Wilmington, Del. : Scholarly Resources Books, 2000.
- Physical Description:
- xxiii, 252 pages ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Schwaller, John Frederick
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Jaguar books on Latin America ; no. 21
- The theological juridical debate / Luis N. Rivera -- The Ordenanza del Patronazgo of 1574 : an interpretative essay / Robert C. Padden -- The Ordenanza del Patronazgo in New Spain, 1574-1600 / John F. Schwaller -- The spiritual conquest reexamined : baptism and Christian marriage in early sixteenth-century Mexico / Sarah Cline -- Individualization and acculturation : confession among the Nahuas of Mexico from the sixteenth to the eighteenth century / Serge Gruzinski -- The battle for bodies and souls in the colonial north Andes : intraecclesiastical struggles and the politics of migration / Karen Vieira Powers -- The limits of religious coercion in midcolonial Peru / Kenneth Mills -- Native icon to city protectress to royal patroness : ritual, political symbolism, and the virgin of remedies / Linda A. Curcio-Nagy -- The woman of the apocalypse / Stafford Poole.
- 0842027033 (cloth : alk. paper)
0842027041 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 251-252).
View MARC record | catkey: 2217986