Over hill, over dale [sound recording] : and other folksong settings / Vaughan Williams
- Vaughan Williams, Ralph, 1872-1958
- Uniform Title:
- Choral music. Selections
- Additional Titles:
- Over hill, over dale and other folksong settings and Subtitle on container: Partsongs, folksongs and Shakespeare settings
- London : Hyperion, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital, stereo. ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Bostridge, Ian, George, Michael, Layton, Stephen, Vaughan Williams, Ralph, 1872-1958, Vaughan Williams, Ralph, 1872-1958. Selections, and Holst Singers
- Loch Lomond (3:50) -- Three Shakespeare songs. Full fathom five (2:55) ; The cloud capp'd towers (2:48) ; Over hill, over dale (0:52) -- Alister McAlpine's lament (3:30) -- An acre of land (1:33) -- The seeds of love (2:01) -- Ca' the yowes (6:56) -- Five English folksongs. The dark-eyed sailor (2:03) ; The spring time of the year (2:50) ; Just as the tide was flowing (2:02) ; The lover's ghost (4:21) ; Wassail song (2:28) -- The winter is gone (1:43) -- Mannin Veen (3:13) -- Bushes and briars (2:35) -- Down among the dead men (2:08) -- Three Elizabethan partsongs. Sweet day (2:04) ; O mistress mine (1:19) ; The willow song (1:56) -- Greensleeves (5:33) -- Rest (3:17) -- Heart's music (2:47) -- Come away, death (3:33) -- The turtle dove (3:27).
- Principally for unacc. mixed chorus (SATB); Seeds of love, The winter is gone, Bushes and briars, and Down among the dead men for unacc. male chorus.
Program notes and texts (19 p. : ports.) inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Holst Singers ; Ian Bostridge, tenor ; Michael George, bass ; Stephen Layton, conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 24-26 Feb. 1995.
View MARC record | catkey: 2218427