Water governance and collective action : multi-scale challenges / edited by Diana Suhardiman, Alan Nicol and Everisto Mapedza
- Earthscan water text series
- Introduction / Diana Suhardiman, Alan Nicol and Everisto Mapedza -- Power and politics in water governance : revisiting the role of collective action in the commons / Diana Suhardiman, Louis Lebel, Alan Nicol and Theresa Wong -- Collective action and political dynamics : Nile cooperation and Ethiopia's Grand Renaissance Dam / Alan Nicol -- Grassroots scalar politics in the Peruvian Andes : mobilising allies to defend community waters in the Upper Pampas watershed / Andres Verzijl, Jaime Hoogesteger and Rutgerd Boelens -- Hydro-hegemony or water security community? : collective action, cooperation and conflict in the SADC transboundary security complex / Richard Meissner and Jeroen Warner -- Place attachment and community resistance : evidence from the Cheay Areng and Lower Sesan 2 dams in Cambodia / Oliver Hensengerth -- Politics of knowledge and collective action in health impact assessment in Thailand : the experience of Khao Hinsorn community / Carl Middleton, Somporn Pengkham and Areeya Tivasuradej -- Agricultural water management in matrilineal societies of Malawi : land ownership and implications for collective action / Everisto Mapedza, Emelder M. Tagutanazvo, Barbara van Koppen and Christopher Manyamba -- Collective action, community and the peasant economy in Andean highland water control / Rutgerd Boelens and Jaime Hoogesteger -- Collective action and governance challenges in the Tonle Sap Lake, Cambodia / Sanjiv de Silva, Kim Miratori, Ram C. Bastakoti and Blake D. Ratner -- Goldmining, dispossessing the commons and multi-scalar responses : the case of Cerro de San Pedro, Mexico / Didi Stoltenborg and Rutgerd Boelens -- Key constraints and collective action challenges for groundwater governance in the eastern Gangetic Plains / Ram C. Bastakoti, Fraser Sugden, Manita Raut and Surendra Shrestha -- Stakeholder perspectives on transboundary water cooperation in the Indus River basin / Muhammad Azeem Ali Shah and Saikia Panchali -- Reimagining South Asia : hopes for an Indus Basin network / Medha Bisht -- Structure, agency, and challenges for inclusive water governance at basin scale : comparing Nile with the Mekong / Everisto Mapedza, Diana Suhardiman and Alan Nicol -- Power, alliances, and pathways towards deliberative and just water governance / Diana Suhardiman, Alan Nicol and Everisto Mapedza.
- Water resources development—Developing countries—Citizen participation—Case studies
- Water-supply—Developing countries—Management—Citizen participation—Case studies
- Sustainable development—Developing countries—Citizen participation—Case studies
- Sustainable development—Citizen participation
- Water resources development—Citizen participation
- Water-supply—Management—Citizen participation
- Developing countries
- 9781138040540 hardback
9781315174938 electronic book
- "Earthscan from Routledge."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22339233