U.S. Congregational Life Survey, Wave 2, 2008/2009, Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) Attender Survey
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2008.
[University Park, Pennsylvania] : The Association of Religion Data Archives, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Association of Religion Data Archives
- Files available for download: Completely labeled SPSS file (.sav) -- Completely labeled SPSS Portable file (.por) -- Completely labeled Stata file -- Complete codebook with frequencies and percentages -- Complete codebook with frequencies and percentages up to 10 responses -- Codebook with variable descriptions only -- Fixed field ASCII file. Readme file with variable locations -- Use with Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet programs.
- Over 500,000 worshipers in more than 5,000 congregations across America participated in the U.S. Congregational Life Survey (Wave 1 and Wave 2) - making it the largest survey of worshipers in America ever conducted. Three types of surveys were completed in each participating congregation: (a) an attender survey completed by all worshipers age 15 and older who attended worship services during the weekend the survey was given; (b) a congregational profile describing the congregation's facilities, staff, programs and worship services completed by one person in the congregation; and (c) a leader survey completed by the pastor, priest, minister, rabbi or other principal leader. Together the information collected provides a unique three-dimensional look at religious life in America. (From Appendix 1, U.S. Congregational Life Survey Methodology: A Field Guide to U.S. Congregations, Second Edition.) This data file contains data for a random sample of Evangelical Lutheran Church (ELCA) worship attenders participating in Wave 2 of the U.S. Congregational Life Survey. (U.S. Congregational Life Survey Wave 2 ELCA Congregational Profile data and ELCA Leader data will be provided in separate files.)
- Funding Information:
- Funded by The Lilly Endowment, Inc..
Funded by Louisville Institute.
Funded by Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.).
Funded by Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA).
- All Rights Reserved. The ARDA is free to all users and requires no registration to use.
View MARC record | catkey: 22341610