Young Adolescents and Their Parents : A National Study, 1984 - Mother Component
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 1984.
[University Park, Pennsylvania] : The Association of Religion Data Archives, 1999.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Association of Religion Data Archives
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Files available for download: Completely labeled SPSS file (.sav) -- Completely labeled SPSS Portable file (.por) -- Completely labeled Stata file -- Complete codebook with frequencies and percentages -- Complete codebook with frequencies and percentages up to 10 responses -- Codebook with variable descriptions only -- Fixed field ASCII file. Readme file with variable locations -- Use with Microsoft Excel and other spreadsheet programs.
- The Young Adolescents and their Parents project began in 1980, with major funding provided by the Lilly Endowment, Inc. The project brought together the research capability of Search Institute and the programming expertise of 13 national youth-serving organizations. The research component included a 319-item survey given to more than 8,000 fifth- through ninth-grade young adolescents and a different 328-item survey administered to more than 10,000 parents of these youths. Because so little previous research had focused on young adolescents and their families, this project was designed to fill this "information gap." The surveys covered the topics of social context (school, friends, church, families, mass media exposure, group involvement); developmental processes (autonomy, maturation and sexuality, identity, intimacy, achievement, social integration); beliefs, attitudes and values (social attitudes, worries, moral values, religion); and perspectives on receiving help and behavior
- Other Subject(s):
- Funding Information:
- Funded by The Lilly Endowment Inc..
Funded by African Methodist Episcopal Church.
Funded by American Lutheran Church.
Funded by Baptist General Conference.
Funded by Churches of God-General Conference.
Funded by Evangelical Covenant Church.
Funded by 4-H Extension.
Funded by Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Funded by National Associations of Homes for Children.
Funded by National Catholic Educational Association.
Funded by Presbyterian Church (U.S.A).
Funded by Southern Baptist Convention.
Funded by United Church of Christ.
Funded by United Methodist Church.
- All Rights Reserved. The ARDA is free to all users and requires no registration to use.
View MARC record | catkey: 22341663