The quantum physics bible : the definitive guide to 200 years of subatomic science / Brian Clegg
- Clegg, Brian
- Buffalo, New York : Firefly Books (U.S.) Inc., 2017.
- Physical Description:
- 320 pages : illustrations (chiefly color) ; 17 cm
- Introduction -- The uncuttable -- Enter the atom -- Catastrophe averted -- Quantum reality -- Quantum electrodynamics (QED) -- A tangled web -- The gold standard -- Quantum surprises -- Living the quantum -- Quantum universe.
- "An easy-to-understand guide to the complex subject of quantum physics. Quantum physics is how scientists describe the world of the very small. For other people, however, the rules of quantum physics seem to violate all logic: How can a particle be in more than one place at the same time? How can it tunnel through an impenetrable barrier? How can a cat in a box be both alive and dead? This book explains the complexities of quantum physics in bite-sized "lessons" that make it clear and accessible to all readers."--
- 9781770859920 (paperback)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22343764