- The Frank J. Fabozzi series
- Analysis of Financial Statements; Contents; Preface; About the Authors; PART One The Basics; CHAPTER 1 Introduction; WHAT IS FINANCIAL ANALYSIS?; Example: Enron; Example: AIG; WHERE DO WE FIND THE FINANCIAL INFORMATION?; WHO GETS WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION AND WHEN?; Disclosures Required by Regulatory Authorities; Information Prepared by Government Agencies; Information Prepared by Financial Service Companies; WHAT DOES SARBANES-OXLEY MEAN TO COMPANIES AND INVESTORS?; Auditors; Corporate Responsibility; Financial Disclosures; Analysts; Accountability.
WHAT DOES THE DODD-FRANK ACT MEAN FOR COMPANIES AND INVESTORS?SUMMARY; REVIEW; CHAPTER 2 Financial Statements; ACCOUNTING PRINCIPLES: WHAT ARE THEY?; WHAT DO THE BASIC FINANCIAL STATEMENTS TELL US?; The Balance Sheet; The Income Statement; The Statement of Cash Flows; The Statement of Stockholders' Equity; Why Bother about the Footnotes?; ACCOUNTING FLEXIBILITY; Pro Forma Financial Data; HOW DOES ACCOUNTING IN THE UNITED STATES DIFFER FROM ACCOUNTING OUTSIDE OF THE UNITED STATES?; SUMMARY; REVIEW; CHAPTER 3 The Quality of Financial Information; IT'S ALL IN THE TIMING; Accruals Management.
Revenue and Expense RecognitionExtraordinary and Nonrecurring Items; Deferred Taxes; Goodwill Hunting; TOO MANY CHOICES?; Inventory Accounting; Depreciation; Pension Valuation Assumptions; SO WHAT'S THEIR BUSINESS?; RESTATEMENTS AND FINANCIAL ANALYSIS; TELL-TALE SIGNS; The Independent Auditor's Opinion; Other Signs; SUMMARY; REVIEW; PART Two Analysis of Financial Statements; CHAPTER 4 Financial Analysis; WHAT ARE FINANCIAL RATIOS AND HOW DO WE USE THEM?; WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT TYPES OF FINANCIAL RATIOS?; Liquidity Analysis; Activity Ratios; Profitability Analysis; Financial Leverage.
Shareholder RatiosANALYSIS OF RETURN-ON-INVESTMENT RATIOS; Return Ratios; The DuPont System; HOW CAN WE USE COMMON-SIZE ANALYSIS TO ANALYZE FINANCIAL STATEMENTS?; INTEGRATED RATIO ANALYSIS; Company Description, Industry, and Major Factors; Financial Ratios; Profitability; Financial Leverage; Return and the DuPont Analysis; WHAT ARE THE PITFALLS AND PRATFALLS OF FINANCIAL RATIO ANALYSIS?; The Use of Accounting Data; Selecting and Interpreting Ratios; Choosing a Benchmark; Using Ratios in Forecasting; SUMMARY; REVIEW; CHAPTER 5 Equity Analysis; EARNINGS; Can Earnings Be Managed?
Pro Forma EarningsCore Earnings; Earnings per Share; PRICE-EARNINGS RATIO; DIVIDENDS; Dividends per Share; Dividend Yield; Dividend Payout; Dividends and Stock Prices; OTHER FUNDAMENTALS; BOOK-TO-MARKET RATIO; SUMMARY; REVIEW; CHAPTER 6 Cash Flow Analysis; MEASURES OF CASH FLOW; CASH FLOWS AND THE STATEMENT OF CASH FLOWS; FREE CASH FLOW; Calculating Free Cash Flow; Net Free Cash Flow; THE USEFULNESS OF CASH FLOWS IN FINANCIAL ANALYSIS; Ratio Analysis; Patterns of Cash Flows; Cash Waterfall; Company Performance; SUMMARY; REVIEW; PART Three Applying Financial Analysis.
- "Recent financial events have taught us to take a more critical look at the financial disclosures provides by companies. In the Third Edition of Analysis of Financial Statements, Pamela Peterson-Drake and Frank Fabozzi once again team up to provide a practical guide to understanding and interpreting financial statements. Written to reflect current market conditions, this reliable resource will help analysts and investors use these disclosures to assess a company's financial health and risks. Throughout Analysis of Financial Statements, Third Edition, the authors demonstrate the nuts and bolts of financial analysis by applying the techniques to actual companies. Along the way, they tackle the changing complexities in the area of financial statement analysis and provide an up-to-date perspective of new acts of legislation and events that have shaped the field"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781118334140 (electronic bk.)
1118334140 (electronic bk.)
9781118331910 (electronic bk.)
1118331915 (electronic bk.)
9781118335253 (electronic bk.)
1118335252 (electronic bk.)
9781119203513 (electronic bk.)
1119203511 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22344026