Occupancy estimation and modeling : inferring patterns and dynamics of species occurrence / Darryl I. MacKenzie [and five others].
- MacKenzie, Darryl I.
- London : Academic Press, 
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations, maps
- Occupancy Estimation and Modeling: Inferring Patterns and Dynamics of Species Occurrence, Second Edition, provides a synthesis of model-based approaches for analyzing presence-absence data, allowing for imperfect detection. Beginning from the relatively simple case of estimating the proportion of area or sampling units occupied at the time of surveying, the authors describe a wide variety of extensions that have been developed since the early 2000s. This provides anïÅ½improved insight about species and community ecology, including, detection heterogeneity; correlated detections; spatial autocorrelation; multiple states or classes of occupancy; changes in occupancy over time; species co-occurrence; community-level modeling, and more. Occupancy Estimation and Modeling: Inferring Patterns and Dynamics of Species Occurrence, Second Edition has been greatly expanded and detail is providedïÅ½regarding the estimation methods and examples of their application are given. Important study design recommendations are also covered to give a well rounded view of modeling.
- 9780124072459 (electronic bk.)
0124072453 (electronic bk.)
012407197X (electronic bk.)
9780124071971 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22344233