Young bisexual women's experiences in secondary schools / by Mary-Anne McAllum
- McAllum, Mary-Anne
- New York : Routledge, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- 2.Literature Review -- 3.Methodology -- 4.Method -- 5.Bisexual Identity: Young Bisexual Women's Interpretations and Experiences -- 6.Sexuality Education -- 7.Young Bisexual Women's Experiences of Misrecognition in School Culture -- 8.Summary and Conclusion.
- "Emerging from a case study in secondary schools, this book explores young bisexual women's notions of bisexuality through their own sense of self-identification and how they express their personal beliefs. McAllum sheds light on the presence and practices of "bisexual misrecognition" and "bi-misogyny" in school settings, and draws out the implications of this bias on bisexual women. Incorporating women's own spoken and written anecdotes, this book reveals hidden narratives and helps boost awareness about the social and learning needs of young bisexual women. "--Provided by publisher.
- 9781315206370 (electronic bk.)
1315206374 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 22349605