Grant Morrison : talking with gods / a Respect Films ; Sequart Research & Literacy Organization ; directed by Patrick Meaney ; produced by Amber Yoder, Jordan Rennert, Patrick Meaney
- Additional Titles:
- Talking with gods
- [New York, NY] : Respect Films, LLC ; Los Angeles, CA : Halo-8 Entertainment, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videodisc (80 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Morrison, Grant
Respect Films (Firm)
Halo 8 Entertainment
- Language Note:
- In English with optional subtitles in English.
- Introduction -- Childhood and the bomb -- Discovering superheroes -- Troubled teenage years -- Finding magic -- The band years -- Getting serious about comics -- DC Comics calling and 'Animal Man' -- The writing process -- Getting weird with 'Doom Patrol' -- Breaking out with 'Arkham Asylum' -- Derangement of the senses -- Creating 'The Invisibles' -- Sigils -- The Kathmandu experience -- Working with artists -- Hitting it big with JLA -- Life becoming fiction -- The end of the 90s -- Into the abyss -- Out of the abyss -- Transcendental materialism and 'The Filth' -- Life today -- The solar element and 'All-star Superman' -- The future -- Credits.
- Philosopher, pop-icon, shaman, and storyteller. As one of the most influential comic book writers in the market today, Grant Morrison is all of these things. Morrison turning to reading and creating comics in order to escape the monotony of his school years, and his progression from his younger years into his career as a writer of cerebral and bizarre comics is bizarrely fitting almost expected. Morrison has seen chaos, played with chaos, indeed, chaos seems to be rooted in his very being, but he has used everything he experienced as fuel for his writing. His explosive and often controversial 30-year career has made him a household name for comic fans, yet he shows no signs of slowing down, taking a new turn as he explores other media. With film and television projects on the horizon, more and more people are asking: Who is Grant Morrison?
- Audience Notes:
- MPAA Rating: Not rated.
- Special features: Director commentary [optional audio]; Trailers (3 min.).
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Director of photography, Jordan Rennert ; editor, Patrick Meaney ; music, Ahkmed, Brandon Cruz, Josh Kleefeld, Living Fiction, Manual Zombie, Orphans of the Storm, Sean Bierbower, Steve Deluca, Ultima Thule, Vibes en Bass, Werewolves.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Grant Morrison; commentators Jason Aaron, Cameron Stewart, Matt Fraction, Adam Mortimer, Phil Jimenez, Frazer Irving, Karen Berger, Camilla D'Errico, Geoff Johns, Freddie E. Williams II, Mark Waid, Steve Yeowell, Gordy Goudie, Tim Callahan, Douglas Wolk, Richard Metzger, Frank Quitely, Graham Manley, Douglas Rushkoff, Jill Thompson, Dez Skinn, J.H. Williams III, Richard Starkings, Richard Case, Rich Johnston, Warren Ellis, Chris Weston, Philip Bond, J.G. Jones, Steve Cook, Darick Robertson, Dan DiDio, Amber Benson ; article voiceover, Tony Wolf.
- Technical Details:
- DVD; all regions.
View MARC record | catkey: 22350232