Christmas on stage & screen / the United States Air Force Band & Singing Sergeants, Washington D.C. ; Col. Lowell E. Graham, commander/conductor
- The spirit of Christmas / Whitcomb arr. (7:55) -- We need a little Christmas (from Mame) / Be a Santa (from Subways are for sleeping) / Herman, Styne, Comden & Green (3:18) -- Have yourself a merry little Christmas (from Meet me in St. Louis) / Martin & Blane (3:49) -- March of the toys (from Babes in Toyland) / Herbert (3:56) -- Pine cones and holly berries ; It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas (from Here's love) / Willson (3:51) -- Waltz of the flowers (from The Nutcracker) / Tchaikovsky (7:30) -- A merry melody (from Scrooge) / Bricusse (11:19) -- Introduction, march & shepherd's dance (from Amahl and the night visitors) / Menotti (4:35) -- Christmas 'toons (from A Charlie Brown Christmas, How the Grinch stole Christmas, Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer) / Guaraldi & Mendelson, Hague & Dr. Seuss, Marks (4:41) -- Silver bells (from The Lemon drop kid) / Livingston and Evans (4:26) -- Troika (from Lieutenant Kije) / Prokofiev (2:55) -- White Christmas (from Holiday Inn) ; Somewhere in my memory (from Home alone) / Berlin; Williams & Bricusse (5:46) -- Carols of the season (Silent night; Joy to the world; Hark! The herald angels sing; O come, all ye faithful) / Laurent & Thurston (4:09).
- With this album, The United States Air Force Band and Singing Sergeants, conducted by the respected Colonel Lowell E. Graham, present Christmas classics from the screen and stage.
- Sound Characteristics:
- Digital File Characteristics:
- audio file
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Produced by Col. Lowell E. Graham.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- The United States Air Force Band & Singing Sergeants, Washington D.C. ; Col. Lowell E. Graham, Commander/Conductor.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded 1996 January 21-25 Center for the Arts, George Mason University, Fairfax, Virginia.
View MARC record | catkey: 22350582