Veterinary Forensic Pathology, Volume 2 [electronic resource] / edited by Jason W. Brooks
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- IX, 169 pages 135 illustrations, 126 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Brooks, Jason W. and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 10) Drowning -- 11) Thermal/Electrical Injuries -- 12) Starvation/Neglect/Hoarding -- 13) Environmental Injuries -- 14) Poisoning/Toxicosis -- 15) Sexual Abuse -- 16) Animal Fighting -- 17) Ritualistic and Occult Activities -- 18) Animal Identification -- 19) Ancillary Procedures -- 20) Writing the Autopsy Report.
- This richly illustrated two-volume book offers a comprehensive and essential reference guide for veterinary pathologists and clinical veterinarians interested in performing animal necropsies for forensic casework. It presents a broad range of animal crime cases, with particular focus on the post mortem examination and the observed pathology. This second volume guides readers through the forensic evaluation of animal deaths caused by drowning, fire, electrical, and environmental injuries, poisoning, animal fighting, neglect, and sexual abuse. In addition, it offers practical advice on evaluating anesthesia-related deaths, age estimation, and how to write the necropsy report.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 22353005