Finding your roots with Henry Louis Gates, Jr. Season 2, Episode 3, Our American storytellers / director/producers: Phil Bertelsen, Josh Gleason, Hazel Gurland-Pooler, Muriel Soenens, Sabin Streeter, Jesse Sweet
- Arlington, VA : Public Broadcasting Service (PBS), 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (57 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Bertelsen, Phil, Gates, Henry Louis, Jr., Gleason, Josh, Gurland-Pooler, Hazel, Soenens, Muriel, Streeter, Sabin, Sweet, Jesse, Inkwell Films (Firm), Kunhardt McGee Productions, and Thirteen Productions
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Three iconic American storytellers have spent their lives chronicling the lives of others, while knowing almost nothing about their own family history. Ken Burns confronts the reality of his southern ancestors' role in the Civil War, including Confederate soldiers held captive and a slave-owning Virginian. Anderson Cooper, scion of one of America's most storied families, the Vanderbilts, longs to know more about his father's southern roots - including the story of an ancestor murdered by one his slaves. Anna Deavere Smith learns the story of her great-grandfather Basil Biggs, a free black man and former conductor on the Underground Railroad. All three guests' ancestors intersect at pivotal moments of American history.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed August 13, 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 22353774