The Cambridge ancient history. Volume 1. Part 1, Prolegomena and prehistory / edited by I. E. S. Edwards, C. J. Gadd, N. G. L. Hammond
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 1970.
- 3rd ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxii, 803 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Edwards, I. E. S. (Iorwerth Eiddon Stephen), 1909-1996, Gadd, C. J. (Cyril John), 1893-1969, and Hammond, N. G. L. (Nicholas Geoffrey Lemprière), 1907-2001
- The Geological Ages / D.L. Linton and F. Moseley -- Physical Conditions in Eastern Europe, Western Asia and Egypt Before the Period of Agricultural and Urban Settlement / K.W. Butzer -- Primitive Man in Egypt, Western Asia and Europe / Dorothy A.E. Garrod -- The Evidence of Language / W.F. Albright and T.O. Lambdin -- The Earliest Populations of Man in Europe, Western Asia and Northern Africa / D.R. Hughes and D.R. Brothwell -- Chronology / William C. Hayes, M.B. Rowton and Frank H. Stubbings -- The Earliest Settlements in Western Asia from the Ninth to the End of the Fifth Millennium B.C. / J. Mellaart -- Anatolia Before c. 4000 B.C. / J. Mellaart -- The Development of Cities from Al-'Ubaid to the End of Uruk 5 / Max Mallowan -- Predynastic Egypt / Elise J. Baumgartel -- Palestine During the Neolithic and Chalcolithic Periods / R. de Vaux -- Cyprus in the Neolithic and Chalcolithic Periods / H.W. Catling -- The Stone Age in the Aegean / S.S. Weinberg.
- Provides an account of what is known about the remotest geological ages, comprising chapters on the different kinds of evidence concerning man and his physical environment.
- 9781139054249 (ebook)
- Title from publisher's bibliographic system (viewed on 18 Nov 2015).
View MARC record | catkey: 22355808