A passion for God : the spiritual journey of A.W. Tozer / Lyle Dorsett
- Dorsett, Lyle W.
- Chicago : Moody Publishers, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 189 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- "I've had a lonely life" -- "A deep strain of the country" : early years in rural Pennsylvania (1897-1912) -- "I hear his voice ever so faintly" : called to surrender, preach, and marry (1912-1918) -- "I got my first awful, wonderful, entrancing vision of God" : discovering God's will (1918-1928) -- "It may be a good thing I never went to seminary" : the Chicago years (1928-1941) -- "A growing hunger after God himself" : ministry of the deeper life (1941-1958) -- "I do not believe there is any color line in the Kingdom of God" : Toronto and beyond (1958-1963) -- "If my fire is not large it is yet real" : legacy.
- "A.W Tozer's impact for the kingdom of God is immeasurable. His sermons touched thousands through the years; his books-including The Pursuit of God and The Knowledge of the Holy-reached millions and continue to sell. Yet few really knew this quiet, intensely private, deeply spiritual man"--Page 4 of cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 165-173).
View MARC record | catkey: 22356197