The phalanstery, or, Attractive industry and moral harmony / translated from the French of Madame Gatti de Gamond, by an English lady
- Gatti de Gamond, Madame (Zoé Charlotte), 1812-1854
- Additional Titles:
- Attractive industry and moral harmony
- London : published by whittaker & Co., Ave Maria Lane, 1841.
- Physical Description:
- 6 unnumbered pages, xxiv, 176 pages ; 8°.
- A work offering guidance in social morality.
- With a half-title.
Reproduction of original in the Bodleian Library.
- Reproduction Note:
- Microfilm. Marlborough, England: Adam Matthew Publications ; Oxford, England : Bodleian Photographic Service. 1998. 1 microfilm reel ; 35 mm. (Sex and sexuality, 1640-1940 literary, medical and sociological perspectives, part 1; reel 5:6). Filmed with: Aristotle's master-piece (1694).
- Location of Originals:
- Bodleian Library, Oxford, England.
- Index Note:
- Microforms Room has printed reel guide (40 p.) at call number BF692.S49 1998 guide pt.1.
- Binding notes:
- Microfilm D389 reel.5 c.1 (Microfilm, Microfiche, etc.) bound in Aristotle's master-piece : or, The secrets of generation displayed in all the parts thereof. Containing 1. The signs of barrenness. 2. The way of getting a boy or girl. 3. Of the likeness of children to parents. 4. Of the infusion of the soul into the infant. 5. Of monstrous births, and the reasons thereof. 6. Of the benefit of marriage to both sexes. 7. The prejudice of unequal matches. 8. The discovery of insufficiency. 9. The cause and cure of the green. sickness. 10. A iscourse of virginity. 11. How a midwife ought to be qualified. 12. Directions and cautions to midwives. 13. Of the organs of generation in women 14. The fabrick of the womb. 15. The use and action of the genitals. 16. Signs of conception, and whether of a male or female. 17. To discover false conception. 18. Instructions for women with child. 19. For preventing miscarriage. 20. For women in child-bed. 21. Of ordering new born infants, and many other very useful particulars. To which s added, a word of ad.vice [sic] to
- Reviewed/Cited In:
- English short title catalogue, ESTCN69813.
View MARC record | catkey: 2257112