Reimagining library spaces : transform your space on any budget / Diana Rendina
- Rendina, Diana L.
- Portland, Oregon ; Arlington, Virginia : International Society for Technology in Education, 
- Copyright Date:
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 168 pages : illustrations ; 22 cm
- Digital age librarian's series
- Rethinking our spaces -- Introduction to learning space design theory -- Technology in modern school library spaces -- Taking stock of your library space -- Finding inspiration for your space -- Budget-friendly changes -- Funding redesign projects -- Planning for the long term.
- With the advent of modern technologies and the rise of participatory and active learning pedagogy, the traditional school library model is no longer as effective as it once was. Reimagining Library Spaces helps librarians rethink the library space, including the changing role of technology, showing ways to transform how students learn in and use these spaces. Find the guidance you need to make smart and efficient updates to your library space that encourage the use of technology to improve student learning. This book includes: tips and strategies for transforming your outdated library space on a small budget, how-to's for addressing the challenges and opportunities brought about by the changing role of technology, including collaborative learning labs, makerspaces and ways to support BYOD, and practical suggestions for finding ideas to improve your space, inventory your library and survey your community.
- 1564843912 (pbk.)
- Instructional materials personnel
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 155-157).
View MARC record | catkey: 22598730