Antidote / Corey Van Landingham
- Van Landingham, Corey, 1986-
- Columbus : Ohio State University Press, ©2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (viii, 63 pages).
- Ohio State University Press/The journal award in poetry
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access.
- Half Title Page; Title Page; Copyright Page; Contents; Acknowledgments; Autonomy, Landscape, Terrible Love; Tabernacle for an Adolescence; Valediction Lessons; Elegy in Which I Refuse to Turn Away; The Chair & The Birdcage; Antidote; Spill; The Louse; Decreation; What You Will Encounter; The Architecture of Fathers; What Will Be Untold; This World Is Only Going to Break Your Heart; During the Autopsy; To Have & To Hold; The Making of a Prophet; [engagement:]; Elegy on Sea Legs; While Terrified of Branches, Making Fun of Moon; Orchard; Valediction Lessons. and Parallax Disguised as Endless DisappointmentAll the Sworn on, Sworn off Truths; Romance Novel after the Car Crash; Confessional; Homesteading with the Ghosts; Round Stories Arranged into a Square; And Badly, Too; Diurnal; To Have & To Hold; Dirge: For Pompeii; Covenant; Against the Reification of Isadora Duncan; Valediction Lessons; Bestiary; Hermetic; Elegy; Other Techniques for Elegant Boatmanship; Last Year at Marienbad; Yield Stress; When You Look Away, the World; What You Erase Knits Back Together; Eclogue; To Have & To Hold.
- In Corey Van Landingham's Antidote, love equates with disease, valediction is a contact sport, the moon is a lunatic, and someone is always watching. Here the uncanny co-exists with the personal, so that each poem undergoes making and unmaking, is birthed and bound in an acute strangeness. Wild and surreal, driven by loss, Antidote invites both the beautiful and the brutal into its arms, allowing for shocking declarations about love: that it is like hibernation, a car crash, or a parasite. It soon becomes clear that there is no antidote for grief or heartbreak, that love can, at times, feel like violence, and that one may never get better at saying goodbye.
- 9780814271155 (electronic bk.), 0814271154 (electronic bk.), 9780814251874 (pbk. ; alk. paper), 0814251870 (pbk. ; alk. paper), 9780814293430 (cd-rom), and 0814293433 (cd-rom)
View MARC record | catkey: 22598959