Home-work : postcolonialism, pedagogy, and Canadian literature / edited by Cynthia Sugars
- Additional Titles:
Postcolonialism, pedagogy, and Canadian literature
- Ottawa [Ont.] : University of Ottawa Press, ©2004.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (530 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Sugars, Cynthia Conchita, 1963-
- Reappraisals, Canadian writers ; 28
- Restrictions on Access:
- Open Access.
- Acknowledgements; Introduction; National Pedagogy and Globalization; Postcolonial Pedagogies; Decolonizing the Classroom; Teaching/Reading Native Writing; Pedagogies in Practice; Historical Imperatives; Afterword; Contributors.
- Canadian literature, and specifically the teaching of Canadian literature, has emerged from a colonial duty to a nationalist enterprise and into the current territory of postcolonialism. From practical discussions related to specific texts, to more theoretical discussions about pedagogical practice regarding issues of nationalism and identity, Home-Work constitutes a major investigation and reassessment of the influence of postcolonial theory on Canadian literary pedagogy from some of the top scholars in the field.
- 9780776616094 (electronic bk.)
0776616099 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 22599290