Food preservation / edited by Alexandru Mihai Grumezescu
- London, UK : Academic Press is an imprint of Elsevier, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Grumezescu, Alexandru Mihai
- Nanotechnology in the agri-food industry ; volume 6
- Antimicrobial nanocompoties for food packaging -- Food applications of nanostructured antimicrobials -- Nanostructured antimicrobial materials in the food industry -- Antimicrobial nanotechnology: research implications and prospects in food safety -- Sanitation of equipment -- Recent advances in gas plasma technology for decontamination of food surfaces -- Use of high-intensity ultrasound for production of antimicrobial and self-cleaning surfaces -- Multifunctional antimicrobial nanocomposites for food packaging applications -- Nanostructurated materials for prolonged and safe food preservation -- Nanobiotechnological strategies for toxigenic fungi and mycotoxin control -- Natural products used for food preservation -- Use of nanoparticles as a potential antimicrobial for food packaging -- Recent advances in the direct and nanomaterials-based matrix-assisted laser desorption/ionization mass spectrometric approaches for rapid characterization and identification of foodborne pathogens -- Nanometals appraisal in food preservation and food-related activities -- Photodamage and photoprotection: toward safety and sustainability through nanotechnology solutions -- Nantoparticles and their potential application as antimicrobials in the food industry -- Nanobiotechnology of cyanobacterial UV-protective compounds: innovations and prospects -- Advances in molecular biology based assays for the rapid detection of food microbial contaminants -- Antimicrobial food packaging with cellulose-copper nanoparticles embedded in thermoplastic resins -- Scientometric overview in food nanopreservation.
- Food Preservation, Volume Six, the latest in the Nanotechnology in the Agri-Food Industry series, discusses how nanotechnology can improve and control the growth of pathogenic and spoilage compounds to improve food safety and quality. The book includes research information on nanovesicles, nanospheres, metallic nanoparticles, nanofibers, and nanotubes, and how they are capable of trapping bioactive substances to increase and maintain the stability of compounds often sensitive under typical food processing and storage conditions. This book will be useful to a wide audience of food science research professionals and professors and students doing research in the field.
- 9780128043745 (electronic bk.)
0128043741 (electronic bk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Don and Marion MacKinnon Library Endowment in Biotechnology; 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 22599742