Law as politics : Carl Schmitt's critique of liberalism / edited by David Dyzenhaus ; foreword by Ronald Beiner
- Durham : Duke University Press, 1998. and [Getzville, New York] : William S. Hein & Company, 
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 318 pages).
- Additional Creators:
- Dyzenhaus, David
- HeinOnline legal classics library and HeinOnline world constitutions illustrated
- Carl Schmitt's critique of liberalism: systematic reconstruction and countercriticism / Heiner Bielefeldt -- The concept of the political: a key to understanding Carl Schmitt's constitutional theory / Ernst- Wolfgang Böckenförde -- From legitimacy to dictatorship--and back again: Leo Strauss's critique of the anti-liberalism of Carl Schmitt / Robert Howse -- Hostis not imicus: toward a theory of the public in the work of Carl Schmitt / Ellen Kennedy -- Pluralism and the crisis of parliamentary democracy / Dominique Leydet -- Liberalism as a "metaphysical system": the methodological structure of Carl Schmitt's critique of political rationalism / Reinhard Mehring -- Carl Schmitt and the paradox of liberal democracy / Chantal Mouffe -- Carl Schmitt on sovereignty and constituent power / Renato Cristi -- The 1933 "break" in Carl Schmitt's theory / Ingeborg Maus -- Dilemmas of dictatorship: Carl Schmitt and constitutional emergency powers / John P. McCormick -- Revolutions and constitutions: Hannah Arendt's challenge to Carl Schmitt / William E. Scheuerman -- Carl Schmitt's internal critique of liberal constitutionalism: Verfassungslehre as a response to the Weimer State crisis / Jeffrey Seitzer.
- "Portions of this volume were previously published in the Canadian Journal of Law and Jurisprudence, vol. 10, no. 1 (1997)."--Title page verso.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22601247