Protein-protein interactions in human disease. Part A [electronic resource] / edited by Rossen Donev
- Cambridge : Academic Press, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Donev, Rossen
- Advances in protein chemistry and structural biology ; volume 110
- Intro; Title page; Table of Contents; Copyright; Contributors; Preface; Chapter One: Analysis of Protein Interactions by Surface Plasmon Resonance; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Methodology; 3 Applications; 4 Future Directions; Acknowledgment; Chapter Two: Using TR-FRET to Investigate Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interactions: A Case Study of PXR-Coregulator Interaction; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Materials; 3 Methods; 4 Results and Discussion; 5 Conclusions; Acknowledgments; Chapter Three: Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interaction Modulators for Epigenetic Therapies; Abstract; 1 Introduction, 2 PPI Modulators in Epigenetic Drug Discovery3 Peptides in Drug Discovery; 4 Peptides as Modulators of Epigenetic-Related PPIs; 5 Conclusions and Perspectives; Acknowledgments; Chapter Four: Intrinsic Disorder, Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interactions, and Disease; Abstract; 1 (Almost) Everything You Learned About Proteins From the Textbooks Is Wrong (or At Least Incomplete); 2 IDPs: Interaction Specialists; 3 IDPs and Disorder-Based Interactions in Human Diseases; 4 Concluding Remarks; Chapter Five: Targeting Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interactions in the Ubiquitinâ#x80;#x93;Proteasome Pathway; Abstract, 1 Introduction2 Targeting the Polyubiquitination Cascade; 3 Targeting the Proteasome; 4 Conclusion; Acknowledgment; Chapter Six: Probing the Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interaction Network of Proteins Causing Maturity Onset Diabetes of the Young; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Materials and Methods; 3 Results; 4 Overall Protein Interaction of the Proteins; 5 TFs of the MODY Causing Proteins; 6 Discussion; 7 Conclusion; Acknowledgment; Chapter Seven: Structural Prediction of Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interactions by Docking: Application to Biomedical Problems; Abstract, and 1 Importance of Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interactions in Cell2 Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interactions and Human Disease; 3 Structural Approach to Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interactions; 4 Computational Modeling of Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interactions; 5 Application of Computational Docking to Biomedicine; Acknowledgments; Chapter Eight: Computational Resources for Predicting Proteinâ#x80;#x93;Protein Interactions; Abstract; 1 Introduction; 2 Prediction of PPIs; 3 Computational Tools for PPIN Visualization; 4 PPI Databases; 5 Role of Molecular Dynamics in Predicting PPIs; 6 Types of Interactions Between Proteins; 7 Discussion
- Protein-Protein Interactions in Human Disease, Volume 111, Part B, promotes further research and development in the protein interaction network in order to identify critical proteins involved in the etiology of human diseases and locate new protein targets for drug development. Thus, this volume is of considerable interest to protein chemists, pharmacologists, cell biologists, immunologists, structural biologists, computational biochemists and other researchers working in the field. In addition, these articles would be of great benefit to medical, biology and pharmacology students who specialize in this field.
- 9780128143452 (electronic bk.), 0128143452 (electronic bk.), 0128143444, and 9780128143445
View MARC record | catkey: 22603733