Cascabel / CONACINE y Dasa presentan a ; libro cinematagráfico, Jorge Patiño, Raúl Araiza, Antonio Monsell ; dirección, Raúl Araiza
- Additional Titles:
- Mexico City, Mexico : Mexican Film Institute (IMCINE), 1976.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (104 minutes)
- Additional Creators:
- Araiza, Raúl, 1935-, Corporación Nacional Cinematográfica (Mexico), and Dasa (Firm)
- Language Note:
- In Spanish.
- Alfredo, a film director, is hired to direct a documentary about the Chamula. Those who hired him assure complete creative freedom if he in turn respects the script. Alfredo takes the job and starts filming, but feels guilty and cowardly because the script distorts reality. While filming, a serious existential experience and family problems culminate in separation from his partner. Seeing the progress of the documentary, sponsors including a minister it bothers because the miserable conditions of the Chamula and even some interviews with members of the opposition as Heberto Castillo appear; so that you remove the tape Alfredo to give to the writer. During the filming of his last scenes, the birth of a child Chamula, Alfredo is bitten by a rattlesnake and dies, the antidote not arriving in time.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- data file
- Title from resource description page (viewed January 09, 2018).
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Sergio Jiménez, Ernesto Gómez Cruz, Rául Ramírez, Aarón Hernán, Héctor Gómez, Mario Casillas, Norma Herrera, Mario Cid.
- Won 1978 Ariel Awards, Best Editing
Won 1978 Ariel Awards, Best First Work
Won 1978 Mexican Cinema Journalists, Best Film
View MARC record | catkey: 22605034