Come Sunday : photographs by Thomas Roma / essay by Henry Louis Gates
- Roma, Thomas
- New York : Museum of Modern Art, 
New York : Distributed by H.N. Abrams
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Gates, Henry Louis, Jr., Szarkowski, John, and Museum of Modern Art (New York, N.Y.)
- "In 1990 Thomas Roma began a series of photographs of houses of worship in Brooklyn, once called the "City of Churches." The project was decisively changed when the pastor of a black Christian congregation invited Roma instead to photograph the Sunday service itself. Over the next three years Roma made pictures of more than one hundred and fifty services in fifty-two black Christian churches in Brooklyn - a year of Sundays. Come Sunday presents a generous selection of those pictures. An essay by Henry Louis Gates, Jr., introduces the photographs by exploring the many dimensions of "The Church" in African American life, history, and culture." --Book Jacket.
- 0870701223 (MoMA, T&H : hard)
9780870701221 (MoMA, T&H : hard)
0870701231 (MoMA : pbk.)
9780870701238 (MoMA : pbk.)
0810961571 (Abrams : hard)
9780810961579 (Abrams : hard)
- MoMA: This digital manifestation was created by Picturae in 2015-2016 as part of the MoMA Exhibition History Project.
Catalog of an exhibition organized by John Szarkowski and held Apr. 4-June 18, 1996.
View MARC record | catkey: 22608082