Trends in e-tools and resources for translators and interpreters / edited by Gloria Corpas Pastor, Isabel Durán-Muñoz
- Leiden : Brill/Rodopi, 
- Physical Description:
- xiii, 251 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Corpas Pastor, Gloria and Duran-Munoz, Isabel
- Machine generated contents note: pt. 1 Electronic Tools for Translators -- 1.Investigating the Use of Resources in the Translation Process / Joanna Gough -- 2.User Perspective on Translation Tools: Findings of a User Survey / Miriam Seghiri -- 3.Assessing Terminology Management Systems for Interpreters / Isabel Duran-Munoz -- 4.Human Translation Technologies and Natural Language Processing Applications in Meaning-based Translation Learning Activities / Eric Poirier -- pt. 2 CAT and CAI Tools -- 5.Monitoring the Use of newly Integrated Resources into CAT Tools: A Prototype / Amelie Josselin-Leray -- 6.Can User Activity Data in CAT Tools help us measure and improve Translator Productivity? / Christian Saam -- 7.Computer-assisted Interpreting: Challenges and Future Perspectives / Claudio Fantinuoli -- pt. 3 Machine Translation -- 8.The ACCEPT Academic Portal: A Pre-editing and Post-editing Teaching Platform / Violeta Seretan -- 9.The Challenge of Machine Translation Post-editing: An Academic Perspective / Olga Torres-Hostench -- 10.SCATE Taxonomy and Corpus of Machine Translation Errors / Lieve Macken.
- Trends in E-Tools and Resources for Translators and Interpreters' offers a collection of contributions from key players in the field of translation and interpreting that accurately outline some of the most cutting-edge technologies in this field that are available or under development at the moment in both professional and academic contexts. Particularly, this volume provides a wide picture of the state of the art, looking not only at the world of technology for translators but also at the hitherto overlooked world of technology for interpreters. This volume is accessible and comprehensive enough to be of benefit to different categories of readers: scholars, professionals and trainees.
- 9789004351783 hardcover alkaline paper
9004351787 hardcover alkaline paper
9789004351790 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22610273