Rain chart of the United States showing the distribution by isohyetal lines of the mean precipitation in rain and melted snow for the year / constucted under the direction of Prof. Joseph Henry Secy. Smithsonian Institution from materials collected and observations made for the Smithsonian Institution by Chas. A. Schott, Asst. U.S. Coast Survey, with additions to 1872
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale not given (W131°--W 65°/N 55°--N 20°).
- Relief shown by hachures., "Pl. V.", "Re-engraved and printed for the Statistical Atlas of the United States with permission of Prof. Joseph Henry, Secty. Smithsonian Institution.", and "The numbers in blue indicate the rain-fall in English inches, the broken lines are approximations. The precipitation on the mountain ranges west of Longitude 104°, though often considerable, is too inperfectly known to be delineated."
- Complexity Note:
- Detached from: Statistical Atlas of the United States based on the results of the ninth census 1870. [New York]: Julius Bien, lith., 1874.
- Action Note:
- Housed ; Encapsulation ; PSU Libraries. and Conserved ; Deacidification ; PSU Libraries.
View MARC record | catkey: 22610752