Interclass Sports Council minute book
- Corporate Author:
- Pennsylvania State College. Interclass Sports Council
- Physical Description:
- 0.2 linear feet
- Restrictions on Access:
- For information on accessing this collection please contact the Special Collections Research Services Unit at email@example.com.
- The Interclass Sports Council was the governing organization that supervised the inter-class competitions. The collection consists of a minute book dated from 1915 to 1933. Included in the minute book are the by-laws, meeting minutes, and lists of award recipients for each year's students.
- Preferred Citation:
- Interclass Sports Council minute book, #09921, Special Collections Library, Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA.
- Copyright is retained by the creators of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
- Administrative History:
- The Interclass Sports Council of the Pennsylvania State College was created in 1911 to oversee and promote intramural sports at Penn State.The Penn State Club, formed by independent students living in dormitories, was later formed to create a framework for competetion; the Club champion would compete against the Fraternity League winners. By the early 30s, Athletic Director Hugo Bezdek was named director of a newly formed intramural athletics program, initially consisting of 10 sports. The new IM program superseded the Interclass Sports Council by the mid-1930s.
View MARC record | catkey: 22621757