Lands of the Eastern Mediterranean : (called the Near East or the Middle East) / compiled and drawn in the Cartographic Division of the National Geographic Society for the National geographic magazine ; James M. Darley, chief cartographer
- Corporate Author:
- National Geographic Society (U.S.). Cartographic Division
- Additional Titles:
- Middle East
- Washington, D.C. : National Geographic Society, 1959.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : col. ; 48 x 64 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Darley, James M. (James Morrison)
- Color map of the Eastern Mediterranean region showing roads, railroads, airports, canals, oil fields, oil pipe lines, pumping stations, water holes, ruins, battles, desert, volcanic debris, intermittent lakes, dry salt lakes, coral reefs, areas below sea level, countries, and cities. Map extends west as far as Athens, Greece; north as far as Kutaisi, Georgian SSR; east as far as Doha, Qatar; and south as far as Harad, Saudi Arabia.
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:4,118,400. 65 mi. to the in. ; Conic proj., standard parallels 28⁰ and 40⁰ (E 24⁰--E 54⁰/N 42⁰--N 24⁰).
- Relief shown by shading and spot heights. Depths shown by bathymetric tints, isolines and soundings.
Insets: Suez Canal. Scale [ca. 1:1,500,000] -- [Israel-Lebanon]. Scale 1:2,027,520 -- [Jerusalem region]. Scale [ca. 1:120,000].
"Atlas plate 47, January 1959."
View MARC record | catkey: 2267856