Channel surfing : racism, the media and the destruction of today's youth / Henry A. Giroux
- Giroux, Henry A.
- Additional Titles:
- Racism, the media and the destruction of today's youth
- New York : St. Martin's Griffin, 1998.
- 1st St. Martin's paperback ed.
- Physical Description:
- 248 pages ; 21 cm
- 1. Fashion, demonization, and youth culture. Something comes between kids and their Calvins : youthful bodies and commercialized pleasures -- Hollywood and the demonization of youth : beating up on kids -- Bashing the sixties : public memory and the lost hope of youth. 2. Race, media, and whiteness. White noise : racial politics and the pedagogy of whiteness -- In living color : Black, bruised, and read all over -- Playing the race card : media politics and the O.J. Simpson verdict -- Race talk and the crisis of democratic vision / (with Susan Searls).
- 0312214448 (pbk.)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -244) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2277332