Among women : from the homosocial to the homoerotic in the ancient world / edited by Nancy Sorkin Rabinowitz and Lisa Auanger
- Austin : University of Texas Press, 2002.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 389 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Rabinowitz, Nancy Sorkin and Auanger, Lisa, 1965-
- Imag(in)ing a women's world in Bronze Age Greece: the frescoes from Xeste 3 at Akrotiri, Thera / Paul Rebak -- Aphrodite garlanded: Erôs and poetic creativity in Sappho and Nossis / Marilyn B. Skinner -- Subjects, objects, and erotic symmetry in Sappho's fragments / Ellen Greene -- Excavating women's homoeroticism in ancient Greece: the evidence fro Attic vase painting / Nancy Sorkin Rabinowitz -- Women in relief: "double consciousness" in classical Attic tombstones / John G. Younger -- Glimpses through a window: an approach to Roman female homoeroticism through art historical and literary evidence / Lisa Auanger -- Ovid's Iphis and Ianthe: when girls won't be girls / Diane T. Pintabone -- Lucian's "Leaena and Clonarium": voyeurism or a challenge to assumptions? / Shelley P. Haley -- "Friendship and physical desire": the discourse of female homoeroticism in fifth-century C.E. Egypt / Terry G. Wilfong.
- 0292771134 (alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 331-371) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2279333