Alicia [videorecording] / produced by the Instituto Cubano del Arte e Industria Cinematográficos ; director, Victor Cassaus
- New York, NY : Video Artists International, 1988.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 videocassette (70 min.) : sound, color with black and white sequences NTSC ; 1/2 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Dolin, Anton, 1904-1983
Tchaikovsky, Peter Ilich, 1840-1893
Pugni, Cesare, 1802-1870
Shchedrin, Rodion Konstantinovich, 1932-
Bizet, Georges, 1838-1875
Instituto Cubano de Arte e Industria Cinematográfica
- Language Note:
- In Spanish with English subtitles.
- Interview with Alicia Alonso, interspersed with film footage and still photographs illustrating her life and career. Includes brief glimpses of the Don Quixote pas de deux, Coppélia, La fille mal gardée, and Giselle. Longer dance sequences depict Alonso in the Black swan pas de deux (partnered by Azari Plisetzki), excerpts from Pas de quatre (chor: Anton Dolin; mus: Cesare Pugni), and Carmen (chor: Alberto Alonso; mus: Georges Bizet, arr. by Rodion Shchedrin).
- Motion picture originally produced in Cuba by the Instituto Cubano del Arte e Industria Cinematográficos in 1976. Reissued as a videotape in 1988 by Video Artists International, Inc., New York.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Translator, A. Romeu.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Performed by Alicia Alonso and members of the Ballet Nacional de Cuba.
Music performed by the National Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Manuel Duchesne Cuzán.
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 2284312