Imperial brotherhood : gender and the making of Cold War foreign policy / Robert D. Dean
- Dean, Robert D., 1956-
- Amherst : University of Massachusetts Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- x, 329 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Culture, politics, and the cold war
- Introduction: culture, gender, and foreign policy reason -- The foreign policy "establishment" -- The reproduction of imperial manhood -- Heroism, bodies, and the construction of elite masculinity -- "Lavender lads" and the foreign policy establishment -- The sexual inquisition and the imperial brotherhood -- Lavender-baiting and the persistence of the sexual inquisition -- John F. Kennedy and the domestic politics of foreign policy -- Manhood, the imperial brotherhood, and the Vietnam war -- Afterword.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -321) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2285309