Lose the resume : land the job / Gary Burnison
- Burnison, Gary, 1961-
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 
- Physical Description:
- 249 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Your Wake-Up Call -- 2.Know Yourself -- 3.Be a Learn-it-All -- 4.Targeting Your Next Opportunity -- 5.Networking is a Contact Sport -- 6.Your Resume: The Story You Tell -- 7.Managing Your Online Presence -- 8.Working With a Recruiter -- 9.Your Interview Prep: Don't Psych Yourself Out! -- 10.Your Act in Action -- 11.Your Next Job.
- Gone are the days of polishing up your resume and sending it out at random. At every level today, you need to "lose the resume" in order to land the right job. In other words, you have to learn to tell a story about yourself that speaks to your competencies, purpose, passion, and values. Lose the Resume, Land the Job shares the new rules of engagement: How you must think, act, and present yourself so you can win. Based on inner exploration drawn from the IP of the world's largest executive recruiting firm, the book gleans insights and stories (the good, the bad, and sometimes the ugly) from Korn Ferry recruiters across the globe who work with thousands of candidates each day. It helps you gain a deeper perspective on who you are, what youre passionate about, the cultures in which you fit, the kind of bosses you should work for, and where you can bring the most value to organizations.
- 9781119475200 paperback and 1119475201 paperback
View MARC record | catkey: 22860400