Write smart, write happy : how to become a more productive, resilient, and successful writer / Cheryl St. John
- St. John, Cheryl
- Cincinnati, Ohio : Writers Digest Books, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 265 pages ; 22 cm
- Machine generated contents note: pt. 1 Goals -- 1.Career Planning -- 2.Yearly Goal Setting -- 3.Daily & Weekly Goal Setting -- 4.Using Your Planner -- 5.Utilizing Your Strengths -- 6.What Fits Into Your Life? -- pt. 2 Sharpening Your Saw -- 7.Positive Motivation -- 8.The Price of Success -- 9.Put Procrastination Behind You -- 10.Your Energy Flywheel -- 11.Right Feelings Follow Right Actions -- 12.Job or Passion? -- pt. 3 Winning the Struggle Within -- 13.Overcoming Self-Doubt -- 14.Learning from the Past, Living in the Present -- 15.Taking Responsibility -- 16.Finding Perspective on Offense -- 17.Self-Talk & Affirmations -- 18.Change Your Thinking -- 19.Nurture Confidence in Your Abilities -- pt. 4 Emulate Success While Being Yourself -- 20.Friendships & Relationships -- 21.Using Others' Success as Your Catalyst -- pt. 5 Conquering Fear -- 22.Releasing Perfectionism -- 23.Proudly Wearing Your Badges of Honor -- 24.Habitual Success Strategies -- pt. 6 Time Management -- 25.Priorities -- 26.Finding Direction & Overcoming Stress -- 27.Organizing Material -- 28.Eat the Frog -- pt. 7 Celebrate Success -- 29.Resiliency -- 30.Be a Professional.
- "Writing is a vulnerable occupation; it is both personal and intimate. The act of writing, cycles of revision, and the confusing publishing industry can shatter a writer's confidence, leaving you feeling like an imposter, overcome with rejection. Survival--and success--requires commitment, honesty, courage, resilience, sacrifice, and miles and miles of heart. You have everything you need as a writer--it lies within, in the form of consistency and self-confidence. With Write Smart, Write Happy, best-selling author Cheryl St. John will help you unlock your skills, guiding you to overcome every hesitation, obstacle, form of writer's block, and procrastination habit you have. Within these pages, you'll learn to: Organize your writing life by using a planner, scheduling your yearly goals, and acknowledging career plans. Sharpen your saw by recharging your creativity, developing positive motivation, and creating healthy writing habits. Affirm your beliefs by overcoming self-doubt, learning to use affirmations, and altering your thinking. Conquer remaining fears by releasing tendencies towards perfectionism and establishing strategies for habitual success. Written with a no-nonsense attitude, St. John's "advice from the trenches" will help you take an introspective look at your own writing habits and life. Through examples and inspiration from writers who struggled with--and overcame--rejection and reservations, discover the path towards writing smarter and happier today." -- ONIX annotation.
- Includes index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2017
- Endowment Note:
- Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries)
View MARC record | catkey: 22860438