Forensic systems engineering : evaluating operations by discovery / William A. Stimson
- Stimson, William A.
- Hoboken, NJ : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2018.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Wiley Series in Systems Engineering and Management
- What is forensic systems engineering? -- Contracts, specifications, and standards -- Management systems -- Performance management -- The materiality of operations -- Process liability -- Forensic analysis of process liability -- Legal trends to process liability -- Process stability and capability -- Forensic issues in product reliability -- Forensic view of internal control -- Case study : Madelena Airframes Corporation -- Examining serially-dependent processes -- Measuring operations -- Stability analysis of dysfunctional processes -- Verification and validation -- Forensic sampling of internal controls -- Forensic analysis of supplier control -- Discovering system nonconformity.
- "Forensic Systems Analysis addresses relatively new developments in two professions: the law and engineering. The author covers the theory of process liability, management of operations, process liability and operations, analysis of dysfunctional processes, process risk analysis, and process/product verification and validation. He also discusses process stability, capability, and reliability. The narrative is addressed to both plaintiff and defendant and offers analyses that present novel uses of traditional engineering methods concerning risk and product quality and reliability. The presented methodologies and arguments are equally valid when applied to service industries. Managers, engineers, technicians, auditors, and diverse analysts benefit from the book's rigorous approach to system tactics and constraints related to product and service operations"--
"Describes the purpose of forensic systems engineering: to identify dysfunctional processes and to determine root causes of process failure, and further, to assist the court in determining whether harm or a breach of contract has occurred"--
- 9781119422761 (electronic bk.)
1119422760 (electronic bk.)
9781119422808 (electronic bk.)
1119422809 (electronic bk.)
9781119422785 electronic book
1119422787 electronic book
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22861205