Genes and evolution / edited by Virginie Orgogozo
- Cambridge, MA : Academic Press is an imprint of Elsevier, 2016.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Orgogozo, Virginie
- Current topics in developmental biology ; volume 119
- The "Mendelian Gene" and the "Molecular Gene": Two Relevant Concepts of Genetic Units / V. Orgogozo, A.E. Peluffo, B. Morizot -- The Genetic Basis of Pigmentation Differences Within and Between Drosophila Species / J.H. Massey, P.J. Wittkopp -- To Have and to Hold: Selection for Seed and Fruit Retention During Crop Domestication / L.-F. Li, K.M. Olsen -- The Genetics Underlying Natural Variation in the Biotic Interactions of Arabidopsis thaliana: The Challenges of Linking Evolutionary Genetics and Community Ecology / F. Roux, J. Bergelson -- Behavioral Genetic Toolkits: Toward the Evolutionary Origins of Complex Phenotypes / C.C. Rittschof, G.E. Robinson -- Identifying Coopted Networks and Causative Mutations in the Origin of Novel Complex Traits / A. Monteiro, M.D. Gupta -- Looking Beyond the Genes: The Interplay Between Signaling Pathways and Mechanics in the Shaping and Diversification of Epithelial Tissues / S. Urdy, N. Goudemand, S. Pantalacci -- Phenotypic Evolution With and Beyond Genome Evolution / M.-A. Félix -- Human Phenotypic Diversity: An Evolutionary Perspective / P. Balaresque, T.E. King.
- Genes and Evolution, the latest volume in the Current Topics in Developmental Biology series, covers genes and evolution, with contributions from an international board of authors. The chapters provide a comprehensive set of reviews covering such topics as genes and plant domestication, gene networks, phenotypic loss in vertebrates, reproducible evolutionary changes, and epithelial tissue.
- 9780124172012 (electronic bk.), 0124172016 (electronic bk.), 9780124171947 (print), and 012417194X
- Includes index.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22861372