Media career guide : preparing for jobs in the 21st century / Sherri Hope Culver, Temple University
- Culver, Sherri Hope
- Additional Titles:
- Preparing for Jobs in the 21st Century
- Boston ; New York : Bedford/St. Martin's, Macmillan Learning, 
- Copyright Date:
- Eleventh edition.
- Physical Description:
- vi, 121 pages ; 23 cm
- Introduction -- Considering a career in media or communications -- Where the jobs are -- Preparing for a career in media -- Getting started in your search -- Succeeding once you're in (your internship or first job) -- Seize your entrepreneurial spirit -- Cover letters, resumés, and thank-you notes -- Conclusion -- Additional resources.
- "Media Career Guide provides students with all the information they need to prepare for and conduct a successful job search in the media and communication fields. This essential manual includes an overview of today's employment opportunities and, guides students through the process of applying for jobs, and includes tips for success. The eleventh edition includes coverage of job opportunities in mobile media, tips for using digital tools inthe workplace, and successful networking strategies, making iit a useful and informative reference for anyone looking to begin an exciting career in mass communication or journalism"--Back cover.
- 1319126464 paperback
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 115) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22861494