Personalising Learning in Teacher Education [electronic resource] / by Mellita Jones, Karen McLean
- Jones, Mellita
- Singapore : Springer Singapore : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XVII, 237 pages 14 illustrations : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- McLean, Karen and SpringerLink (Online service)
- 1 Introduction -- Part I Personalising Learning: Theoretical Underpinnings -- 2 Personalising Learning: An overview -- 3 Personalising Learning through Communities of Collaboration -- 4 ICT for Learning: Technology and Pedagogy -- 5 Personal Means Learner as Central -- 6 Mindsets for Lifelong Learning -- 7 Personalising Learning: The teacher education context -- Part II Applications of Personalising Learning in Teacher Education -- 8 Tell Tales: Using community partnerships -- 9 Digi-tell: Using technology for authentic learning -- 10 The Science Teaching in Schools Experience (STISE) -- 11 Transitioning to University: A personal learning experience -- 12 A Synthesis of Practice Applications in Teacher Education -- 13 A Guide for Visualising Personalising Learning in Teacher Education.
- This volume sheds light on debates about personalised learning in teacher education by exploring the popular emergence of personalising learning in education and hence its significance in teacher education in the 21st century. It examines personalising learning theory and explores the tenets of this theory and its recent trends in international settings. The theory is explored in relation to both general and higher education pedagogy, and in a range of examples within a teacher education context. The examples from practice provide insights into maximising the potential for personalising learning theory to enhance teaching, learning and assessment in teacher education. The book includes case studies involving pre-service teachers working in communities of practice with one another, with schools and with the wider community. Examples of technology for personalising learning are also described. All the case studies demonstrate how the learner is made central to the teaching and assessment approaches adopted and contributes to a lifelong learning continuum. Providing insights into a new pedagogy for teacher education that leads to an enriched student experience, the book presents a model for personalising learning in teacher education that offers support for 21st century teacher educators.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 22862032