Handbook of Accessible Instruction and Testing Practices [electronic resource] : Issues, Innovations, and Applications / edited by Stephen N. Elliott, Ryan J. Kettler, Peter A. Beddow, Alexander Kurz
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- 2nd ed. 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XIII, 276 pages 26 illustrations, 10 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Elliott, Stephen N., Kettler, Ryan J., Beddow, Peter A., Kurz, Alexander, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Chapter 1. Introduction: Accessible Instruction and Testing Today -- Part 1. Professional Policies & Consideration -- Chapter 2. U.S. Education Policies that Support Accessible Instruction and Testing -- Chapter 3. International Policies that Support Inclusive Assessments -- Chapter 4. Fair Testing and the Role of Accessibility -- Chapter 5. The Role of Accessibility in a National Testing Program -- Chapter 6. Professional Development for Delivering on the Promise of Accessible Instruction and Testing -- Part 2. Special Populations -- Chapter 7. The Accessibility Needs of Students with Disabilities -- Chapter 8. The Accessibility Needs of English Language Learners -- Part 3. Classroom Connections -- Chapter 9. Opportunity to Learn What is Tested: What We Know Today -- Chapter 10. Response-to-Intervention Models and Access to Services for All Students -- Chapter 11. Advances in the Application of Universal Design for Learning -- Chapter 12. Academic Testing for Students with Autism and Behavior Challenges: Considerations and Recommendations -- Part 4. Test Design Principles & Innovative Practices for More Accessible Tests -- Chapter 13. Item Writing Research -- Chapter 14. Influences of Universal Design and Cognitive Load Theory on Item and Test Design -- Chapter 15. Testing Accommodations and Item Modifications: Research to Guide Practice -- Chapter 16. Advances in the Accessibility of Computer Delivered Tests -- Chapter 17. Computer-Based Test Models: Advantages, Disadvantages, and Recommendations -- Part 5. Conclusions: Accessibility Challenges, Innovative Answers -- Chapter 18. Accessible Classrooms and Tests: Essential Components to Advance Educational Equity and Quality.
- The Second Edition of this handbook provides comprehensive coverage of the concept of accessibility and its application to the design and implementation of instruction and tests with all students. It updates and expands on its original contents and responds to the increasing demand for research-based evidence of accessible instruction and testing practices from the professional community. Chapters explore how outcomes are affected when essential features or components of instructional materials and tests are not accessible to any portion of the student population. The handbook addresses the new set of Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing that was published in 2014 as well as requirements for a high level of access for all interim and summative tests by national testing consortiums. In addition, the handbook describes how the Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST) has continued to advance Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles in mainstream education with teachers of all types of students, not just students with disabilities. Topics featured in this text include: A summary of U.S. policies that support inclusive assessment for students with disabilities. An overview of international policies that support inclusive assessments. Designing, developing, and implementing an accessible computer-based national assessment system. Universal Design for Learning (UDL) principles and the future of assessment. Recent advancements in the accessibility of digitally delivered educational assessments. The Handbook of Accessible Instruction and Testing Practices, Second Edition is an essential reference for researchers, practitioners, and graduate students in education and allied disciplines, including child and school psychology; assessment, testing and evaluation; social work; and education policy and politics.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
- Part Of:
- Springer eBooks
View MARC record | catkey: 22862091