In-Flight Medical Emergencies [electronic resource] : A Practical Guide to Preparedness and Response / edited by Jose V. Nable, William Brady
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XV, 186 pages 8 illustrations, 4 illustrations in color : online resource
- Additional Creators:
- Nable, Jose V., Brady, William, and SpringerLink (Online service)
- Introduction -- Pathophysiology of Flight -- Medicolegal Issues Arising from Inflight Medical Emergencies in Commercial Travel -- International Flight Considerations -- In-Flight Evaluation and Management of Cardiac Illness -- Respiratory Emergencies -- Neurological Illness.- Psychiatric Emergencies -- Pediatric Considerations -- Obstetrics and Gynecology Considerations -- Infectious Disease -- Other Presentations -- Preflight Medical Clearance -- Preflight Therapies to Minimize Medical Risk Associated with Commercial Air Travel -- Ground Based Medical Support -- Use of Commercial Aircraft for Emergency Patient Transport -- Responding As a Non-Physician Healthcare Provider.
- This book is a practical guide for health care professionals encountering medical emergencies during commercial flight. Health care providers should consider responding to emergencies during flight as there are often no other qualified individuals on board. This text covers the most common emergencies encountered during flight, both general medical emergencies and those specifically tied to the effects of flying, including cardiac, respiratory, and neurological issues. Medicolegal issues are considered in-depth, for both United States domestic and international flights, as there is potential legal risk involved in giving medical assistance on a flight. Additional chapters are dedicated to pre-flight clearance and the role non-physician healthcare providers can play. In-Flight Medical Emergencies: A Practical Guide to Preparedness and Response is an essential resource for not only physicians but all healthcare professionals who travel regularly. .
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 22862336