Chainmail bikini : the anthology of women gamers / edited by Hazel Newlevant
- A certain kind of story / Molly Ostertag -- Let me do it / Sara Goetter -- Choose your own adventure / Rachel Ordway -- Better together / Hazel Newlevant -- Reticulating splines / Amanda Scurti -- Poppy the gnome and friends! / Katie Longua -- Tales of the crystals / written by Anna Anthropy ; illustrated by Jeremy Boydell -- Gamer grrrl / written by Kae Kelly-Colon ; illustrated by Jude Vigants -- Pocket worlds / Anna Rose -- Boy or girl? / Kori Michele Handwerker -- Delicious escapism / Sarah Winifred Searle -- Battle for Amtgard / Maggie Siegel-Berele -- LAIR / Natalie Dupille -- Girls who are boys / MK Reed -- Here comes a new challenger / Kinoko Evans -- Pretty paladin critical missy / Becca Hillburn -- Rush of blood / Hazel Newlevant -- Three weekends a year / Kate Craig -- I choose you / written by Merritt Kopas ; illustrated by Mia Schwartz -- Absolute dominion / Diana Nock -- A kind of magic / Liane Pyper -- The natural / Sarah Stern -- She's the backbone of this facility / Laura Lannes -- Memoir of a part-time knight / Yao Xiao -- Project white mage / Sera Stanton -- Connections / Caitlin Rose Boyle -- Dream suite / Megan Brennan -- Life +1 / Buntoo -- Hang in there, Peach / Aatmaja Pandya -- Manic pixel dream girl Gaiden: guitar heroine / Elizabeth Simins -- Ikachan / Jane Mai -- Slinging cardboard / Sophie Yanow -- Stand-ins / Annie Mok -- Achievement unlocked / Jade F. Lee -- Hermia / Miranda Harmon -- Pocket / Carey Pietsch.
- "Chainmail Bikini is an anthology of comics by and about female gamers! Forty cartoonists have contributed comics about the games they're passionate about -- from video games to tabletop role-playing to collectible card games. The comics in Chainmail Bikini explore the real-life impact of entering a fantasy world, and how games can connect us with each other and teach us about ourselves. Alliances are forged, dice get rolled, and dragons get slain! Chainmail Bikini shows that while women are not always the target market for gaming, they are a vital and thoroughly engaged part of it, and are eager to express their personal take as players, makers, and critics of games."--Provided by Amazon.com.
- Women fantasy gamers—Comic books, strips, etc
- Video games—Comic books, strips, etc
- Board games—Comic books, strips, etc
- Fantasy games—Comic books, strips, etc
- Internet games—Comic books, strips, etc
- Simulation games—Comic books, strips, etc
- Board games
- Fantasy games
- Internet games
- Simulation games
- Video games
- Women fantasy gamers
- 9781513600123 (pbk.)
- Publication information provided by publisher's Web site.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment (Campus College Libraries); 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 22867336