Decision Support Using Nonparametric Statistics [electronic resource] / by Warren Beatty
- Beatty, Warren
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2018.
- Physical Description:
- XXII, 115 p. 58 illus. online resource
- Additional Creators:
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- SpringerBriefs in Statistics, 2191-544X
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Preface -- Introduction to Decision-Making -- 1. Introduction to Variables and Sampling, Sampling Error, and Margin of Error -- 2. Introduction to Probability, the Foundation of Statistics, and Binomial Probability -- 3. One Population Hypothesis Testing: Nominal - Runs Test, Sign Test; Ordinal, Interval - Wilcoxon Signed Rank Test -- 4. Two Population Hypothesis Testing: Nominal - Sign Test, Chi-Square Contingency Table; Ordinal, Interval - Wilcoxon Signed Rank Test, Mann-Whitney U Test -- 5. Three or More Population Hypothesis Testing: Nominal - Chi Square Contingency Table; Ordinal, Interval - Kruskall-Wallis Test -- 6. Association: Nominal - Chi-Square Test of Association; Ordinal, Interval - Spearman's Rank Correlation -- Appendix of Tables Used -- References for Chapters 3-6 -- OpenOffice Help -- Spreadsheet Tutorial. .
- This concise volume covers nonparametric statistics topics that most are most likely to be seen and used from a practical decision support perspective. While many degree programs require a course in parametric statistics, these methods are often inadequate for real-world decision making in business environments. Much of the data collected today by business executives (for example, customer satisfaction opinions) requires nonparametric statistics for valid analysis, and this book provides the reader with a set of tools that can be used to validly analyze all data, regardless of type. Through numerous examples and exercises, this book explains why nonparametric statistics will lead to better decisions and how they are used to reach a decision, with a wide array of business applications. Online resources include exercise data, spreadsheets, and solutions.
- 9783319682648, 9783319682631 (print), and 9783319682655 (print)
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 22869788