Translating the body [electronic resource] : medical education in Southeast Asia / edited by Hans Pols, C. Michele Thompson & John Harley Warner
- Additional Titles:
- Medical education in Southeast Asia
- Singapore : NUS Press, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 370 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Pols, Hans, Thompson, Claudia Michele, Warner, John Harley, 1953-, and NUS Press
- Language Note:
- In English.
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Nel Stokvis-Cohen Stuart, 1881-1964 and her role in educating female nurses and midwives in the Dutch East Indies / Liesbeth Hesselink -- Trouble with "status" competing models of British and North American public health nursing education and practice in British Malaya / Rosemary Wall and Anne Marie Rafferty -- Cattle for the colony, veterinary science and animal breeding in colonial Indochina / Annick Guénel -- Women's health in Laos from colonial times to present / Kathryn Sweet -- Learning to heal the people, socialist medicine and education in Vietnam, 1945-54 / Michitake Aso -- The expansion and transformation of medical education in Indonesia during the 1950s in Jakarta and Surabaya / Vivek Neelakantan -- Cambodian pathology, imagining modern biomedicine in the Cambodian-Soviet medical journal, Revue médico-chirurgicale de l'hôpital de l'amitié Khméro-Soviétique, 1961-71 / Jenna Grant -- Epidemics, empire, and education, contested discourses on the 1981 influenza pandemic in the Philippines / Framcis A. Gealogo -- Medical education from bellow, self-medication, medical pluralism, and therapeutic citizenship in colonial Vietnam / Laurence Monnais -- The invention of medical tradition in Thailand, Thai traditional medicine and Thai massage / Junko Iida -- Honoring the teachers, constructing the lineage, A Wai Khru ritual among healers in Chiang Mai, Thailand / C. Pierce Salguero
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 319-344) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 22872920