The designer's field guide to collaboration / Caryn Brause
- Brause, Caryn
- New York : Routledge, Taylor & Francis Group, 2017.
- Physical Description:
- x, 304 pages ; 26 cm
- Ch. 1. Why collaboration? -- ch. 2. Envisioning the team -- ch. 3. What does collaboration look like? -- ch. 4. Daredevils, cheerleaders, and pragmatists -- ch. 5. Team communication -- ch. 6. What's wrong with conflict anyway? -- ch. 7. Continuous improvement -- ch. 8. Collaborative workflows.
- "The Designer's Field Guide to Collaboration provides practitioners and students with the tools necessary to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of partners in an increasingly socially complex and technology-driven design environment. Beautifully illustrated with color images, the book draws on the expertise of top professionals in the allied fields of architecture, landscape architecture, engineering and construction management, and brings to bear research from diverse disciplines such as software development, organizational behavior, and outdoor leadership training. Chapters examine emerging and best practices for effective team building, structuring workflows, enhancing communication, managing conflict, and developing collective vision--all to ensure the highest standards of design excellence. Case studies detail and reflect on the collaborative processes used to create award-winning projects by Studio Gang, Perkins+Will, Tod Williams Billie Tsien Architects
- 9781138803633 (hbk. ; alk. paper), 1138803634 (hbk. ; alk. paper), 9781138803640 (pbk. ; alk. paper), and 1138803642 (pbk. ; alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 280-287) and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Edward J. and Eleanor Black Nichols Library Endowment Fund; 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 22873263