The land where the good songs go [sound recording] : the lyrics of P.G. Wodehouse / Hal Cazalet & Sylvia McNair
- Cazalet, Hal
- Additional Titles:
- Lyrics of P.G. Wodehouse
- New York, NY : Harbinger Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : digital ; 4 3/4 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Wodehouse, P. G. (Pelham Grenville), 1881-1975
McNair, Sylvia (Soprano)
Stewart, Mark (Instrumentalist)
Kern, Jerome, 1885-1945. Selections
- Oh, gee! oh, joy! : from Rosalie / George Gershwin (1:59) -- Tell me all your troubles, cutie : from Miss 1917 (3:34) -- You're the top : from Anything goes / Cole Porter (3:58) -- Rolled into one : from Oh boy! (3:11) -- Sir Galahad : from Leave it to Jane (3:00) -- The land where the good songs go : from Miss 1917 (4:18) -- If I ever lost you : from The golden moth / Ivor Novello (3:26) -- Go little boat : from Miss 1917 (2:54) -- You can't make love by wireless : from The beauty prize (2:44) -- Bill : cut from Oh, lady! lady! (Lara Cazalet, vocals) (3:28) -- You never knew about me : from Oh boy! (2:54) -- Shimmy with me : from The cabaret girl (2:55) -- Non-stop dancing : from The beauty prize (2:23) -- My castle in the air : from Miss Springtime (3:11) -- The enchanted train : from Sitting pretty (3:09) -- Anything goes : from Anything goes / Cole Porter (3:58).
- Songs from American and British musicals written 1917-1935 by Jerome Kern and others.
Program notes by Tony Ring, biographical notes on the performers, and lyrics (15 p. : ill.) inserted in container.
- Participant/Performer Note:
- Hal Cazalet, Sylvia McNair, vocals; Steven Blier, piano, arranger; in part with Greg Utzig, banjo, ukulele, guitar; Mark Stewart, banjo, guitar, violoncello.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Recorded Jan. 9-11, 2000, and Apr. 11, 2001, at Manhattan Beach Studios, New York City.
- Source of Acquisition:
- UP-PAT copy: Purchased with funds from the Paterno Libraries Endowment; 20023.
View MARC record | catkey: 2299526