Design and debris : a chaotics of postmodern American fiction / Joseph M. Conte
- Conte, Joseph M. (Joseph Mark), 1960-
- Additional Titles:
- Design & debris
- Tuscaloosa : University of Alabama Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xi, 271 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Being in uncertainties : orderly disorder in postmodern American fiction -- Design and debris : John Hawkes's Travesty, chaos theory, and the swerve -- Discipline and anarchy : disrupted codes in Kathy Acker's Empire of the senseless -- American oulipo : proceduralism in the novels of Gilbert Sorrentino, Harry Mathews, and John Barth -- Noise and signal : information theory in Don DeLillo's White noise -- The perfect game : dynamic equilibrium and the bifurcation point in Robert Coover's The Universal Baseball Association -- The excluded middle : complexity in Thomas Pynchon's Gravity's rainbow -- The superabundance of cyberspace : postmodern fiction in the information age.
- 0817311149 (cloth : alk. paper)
0817311157 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -260) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 2301372