The international handbook of political ecology / edited by Raymond L. Bryant, King's College London, UK.
- Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA, USA : Edward Elgar Publishing, 
- Copyright Date:
- Paperback edition.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 699 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Bryant, Raymond L., 1961-
- Pt. 1. Introduction -- pt. 2. Issues and approaches -- pt. 3. Governance and power -- pt. 4. Knowledge and discourse -- pt. 5. Method and scale -- pt. 6. Connections and transformations.
- The International Handbook of Political Ecology features chapters by leading scholars from around the world in a unique collection exploring the multi-disciplinary field of political ecology. This landmark volume canvasses key developments, topics, issues, debates and concepts showcasing how political ecologists today address pressing social and environmental concerns. Introductory chapters provide an overview of political ecology and the Handbook. Remaining chapters examine five broad themes: issues and approaches; governance and power; knowledge and discourse; method and scale; and connections and transformations. The authors focus on an intrinsically international endeavour, considering both the topic and source of research, and integrate the approaches, debates, concepts and methods that define the field internationally. A combination of general reflection and case study research demonstrates both political ecology's place in wider social science debates and trends, as well as how its concerns relate to diverse empirical problems and settings. Across diverse topics and perspectives, these chapters amount to a wide-ranging survey of current research, making the International Handbook an indispensable reference for scholars and students in political ecology.--
- 1786438437 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Steighton (Steve) A. Watts, Jr. Endowment; 2017
View MARC record | catkey: 23112151