Designing bots : creating conversational experiences / Amir Shevat
- Shevat, Amir
- Beijing ; Boston : O'Reilly, 2017.
- First edition.
- Physical Description:
- xv, 328 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm
- What are bots? -- Bot types -- Major platforms -- Major use cases -- Bot anatomy -- Branding, personality, and human involvement -- Artificial intelligence -- The conversation -- Rich interactions -- Context and memory -- Bot discovery and installation -- Engagement methods -- Monetization -- Design process overview -- Use case definition and exploration -- Conversation scripting -- Designing and testing -- Bot building overview -- Analytics and continuous improvement -- To infinity and beyond-the future of bots.
- From Facebook Messenger to Kik, and from Slack bots to Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, and email bots, the new conversational apps are revolutionizing the way we interact with software. This guide shows you how to design and build conversational experiences and bots that help people be more productive, whether it's for a new consumer service or an enterprise efficiency product. Ideal for designers, product managers, and entrepreneurs, this book explores what works and what doesn't in real-world bot examples, and provides practical design patterns for your bot-building toolbox. You'll learn how to use an effective onboarding process, outline different flows, define a bot personality, and choose the right balance of rich control and text. Explore different bot use-cases and design best practices. Understand bot anatomy - such as brand and personality, conversations, advanced UI controls - and their associated design patterns. Learn steps for building a Facebook Messenger consumer bot and a Slack business bot. Explore the lessons learned and shared experiences of designers and entrepreneurs who have built bots. Design and prototype your first bot, and experiment with user feedback.
- User interfaces (Computer systems)
- Human-computer interaction
- User-centered system design
- Automatic speech recognition
- Intelligent agents (Computer software)
- Computer programming
- BUSINESS & ECONOMICS—Business Communication
- COMPUTERS—Desktop Applications
- COMPUTERS—Enterprise Applications—Collaboration Software
- COMPUTERS—Web—Site Design
- 1491974826 (paperback)
- Includes index.
View MARC record | catkey: 23115404